INTRODUCTION TO SECTION REPAIR
VULCAN-VULCAP Section Repair Mold systems supply the correct time, temperature and pressure to ensure proper vulcanizing of repairs from the smallest passenger tire to truck, tractor, skidder, grader and OTR (Earthmover Tires). Molds are compact, rugged and lightweight.
The unique airbag system provides even pressure to properly repair todayís radial or bias tires distortion-free by using the VULCAN-VULCAP inflatable mandrel system. A shaped air mandrel that expands to fit the tire being repaired is utilized, using a differential air control system supplying the correct pressure to both inside and outside of the tire. This provides even pressure over the injured area of the tire.
Molded thermostatically controlled heatpads for both inside and outside of the tire provide precise curing temperature for a good, solid cure. Time is very critical as rubber cures at different rates. All VULCAN-VULCAP Section Repair Molds cure simultaneously from both inside and outside. A curing cycle of approx. 2 minutes per 1/32" of rubber thickness can be achieved with the temperature of approx. 300 F (149C)
Earlier models of Vulcanizers used solid cores or mandrels, which were heated. However, this method was replaced with a more versatile method where inflatable mandrels, internal and external airbags together with heatpads are used for a broad range of tire sizes. The old solid core mandrels were only practical for a specific shape of tire, usually bias type, whereas the new inflatable mandrel method allows the system to conform to each tire (whether radial or bias tires) under repair.
All old VULCAN and NATIONAL Section Molds can be easily retro-fitted with the Inflatable Air Mandrel and Differential Air Control System.
All stated tire sizes related to Section Repair Molds are recommended sizes only. It is the userís responsibility by inserting appropriate Airbags, Filler Bags and Adaptors to decide which tire sizes can be repaired safely in the various models!
VULCAN-VULCAP MPB SECTION REPAIR MOLD FOR PASSENGER TIRES
|VULCAN-VULCAP MPB Section Repair|
Mold For Passenger Tires
(Bias and Radial)
The MPB Section Repair Mold is a virtual workhorse that continues to outperform comparable units priced hundreds of dollars higher. Its operation is easy, heat-up is fast and it functions with minimum downtime.
Features and benefits
- Uses the Inflatable Mandrel for both radial and bias ply tires from passenger to small truck sizes (10" through 16" rim sizes).
- The MPB Vulcanizer repair process allows the rubber to flow during curing in both the plug area, between the patch and inner lining of the casing to form a dense, sealed repair that will not leak or fail.
- Electric heat and proper differential pressure for maximum patch adhesion of 9" x 9" (23 cm x 23 cm).
- Thermostats in Heatpads ensure reliable temperature.
- Inflatable Mandrel is constructed of a heat resistant rubber core and an outside high tensile nylon cover for maximum service life.
- The Inflatable Mandrel is shaped to the inside of the tire. It is lightweight, easy to use and has a 400 curing hour pro-rata / 6 month warranty.
- The Inside Heatpad is constructed of flexible heat resistant rubber, designed to give "feather edge" flow from over the patch up to the bead area.
- An internal thermostat control ensures even heat distribution of 290F over the patch area throughout the curing cycle.
- The Heatpad, available in 110V or 220V (2/4 amps), can be plugged into the mold control panel or a normal wall socket. (two sizes available.)
- Differential Air Control is "built-in" to new MPB Section Repair Molds or available as separate accessory for existing units as a retrofit.
- Control when actuated, automatically inflates Mandrel and Outside Airbags simultaneously to maintain an internal/external pressure differential of 12-15
- Higher pressure on the inside of the tire (pressure is typically 45 psi inside and 30 psi outside). This eliminates tire distortion of tires during curing process.
- Mandrel Adaptor is installed between Mandrel and Mold Cross Clamp.
Heatpads are built to and
and certified to .
DO YOU WANT TO REPAIR THE
LATEST PERFORMANCE AND SUV TIRES WITH A RIM DIAMETER OF UP TO 20"?
has recently developed the VULCAN-VULCAP MPB Special Section
Repair Molds for special performance tires as illustrated below:
performance Tire, Size 305/50R20
Special with High Performance Tire Mounted
view with Tire Mounted
view with Tire Mounted
Please contact us for a quotation for this latest special MPB model.