Vulcan-Vulcap Vulcanize Repair
The key to the Vulcan-Vulcap repair is that the rubber flows in the course of curing both in the plug area and between the patch and the inner liner of the casing.
- The flow will result in air pockets being filled and a dense, sealed repair achieved that will not leak and fail prematurely.
- During the curing process, 45 lbs. of pressure are applied to the patch and next best situation would be with a plug area, both inside and outside, which results in adhesion values exceeding 100 between the patch and the tire due to the pressure applied during curing.
- The use of a semi-cured patch, with lots of cushion between the patch surface and the inner liner, with extra cushion applied around the edges of the patch for sealing purposes is optional. The uncured cushion with semi-cured patch will eliminate air pockets, however, the shape of the patch may or may not conform to the inside contours of the tire and care must therefore be exercised to prevent air pockets as much as possible in the stitching process.
- Using a semi-cured or uncured patch with proper heat and pressure applied assures an optimum cure, i.e. there is no under-cure or over-cure of the materials.
- With proper curing, the materials will flow, air pockets will be eliminated, and there will be good pressure and adhesion to the extent that as the tire flexes and heats up, there will not be a tendency for the patch to fail, leak or cause under-inflation.
- The benefit of a Vulcan-Vulcap Vulcanizer likewise is that the patch and plug are cured in a single operation and that a larger injury area can be properly cured in a single process at one time.
- Vulcan-Vulcap provides flexible internal and external air bags and heat pads for a broad range of casing sizes to conform to the tire and provide the proper heat and pressure without distortion.
- The Vulcan-Vulcap MV series of portable Vulcanizers for off the road tires are light, portable and very reasonably priced to handle the whole off the road range of tires from 1800 through 40.00 x 57 in four separate machines:
- MV-20 – 14.00 to 1800
- MV-30 – 20.5 to 29.5 with extension clamp
- MV-40A – 29.5 to 37.5
Our portable Vulcan-Vulcap Vulcaflex OTR System with digital Control Panel will accommodate the smallest to the largest OTR tire with the appropriate Heatpads and Airbags.